It was an interesting "Sports Talk" on Wednesday. Jim Mandelaro of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle and Dave Cameron of USSMariner.com and FanGraphs.com provided some good insight into Wilson Ramos, Cliff Lee and the trade rumors surrounding the Minnesota Twins.
Here’s a few thoughts I had after today’s show:
- Mandelaro thinks it’s inevitable that Ramos gets traded. He also thinks it’s a matter of time before Glen Perkins is traded.
- Mandelaro said Ramos’ struggles at Triple-A could be due to distractions, but that Ramos should be excited about the possibility of getting traded because it means he’ll get a chance to play at the big league level regularly.
- Ramos was described as a soft-spoken player who doesn’t say much about the trade rumors.
- Mandelaro admitted he’s shocked how well Jacque Jones has played for Rochester. Jones was hitting .310 entering Wednesday’s game. Coming into the season, he didn’t think Jones would last this long. But Jones has changed his mind.
- For those concerned about the Twins trading their two best prospects in Ramos and Aaron Hicks in a deal, Cameron did say he thought a deal could get done without Hicks, but it would require the likes of Scott Baker or Kevin Slowey going to Seattle.
- Cameron said he doesn’t think Ramos could be the centerpiece of a trade for Lee.
- When put on the spot, Cameron said he predicts Lee ends up getting traded to Minnesota in a deal for Hicks and Ramos.