Minnesota Vikings fans have no shortage of concerns heading into Sunday’s home opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. But considering the quality of their opponent last week, the fact that the Vikings had a chance to beat the San Diego Chargers late in a game on the surface looks good.
But there are plenty of questions:
- Was the Week 1 version of Donovan McNabb the one that Vikings fans will see all season? He was 7-for-15 passing for only 39 yards.
- Adrian Peterson had a productive 98 yards rushing last week. But is 16 carries enough for a top-tier running back?
- The Vikings did a decent job stopping the run last week. Can they improve Sunday with Kevin Williams still suspended? And can the defensive linemen avoid costly late-game penalties?
The Bucs are likely doing some soul-searching as well. The Tampa running game really struggled last week as Matthew Stafford and the Detroit Lions took the season opener.
Week 2 NFL picks
I went 4-1 against the spread last week. Here goes nothing:
- Saints by 6 1/2 vs. Bears. Bears
- Vikings by 3 vs. Bucs. Bucs
- Jets by 10 vs. Jaguars. Jaguars
- Browns by 3 at Colts. Colts
- Eagles by 2 1/2 at Falcons. Eagles